Friday, May 9, 2008

Resistance is futile

All right. I did it. I signed up for Facebook. I decided to do Facebook because it seems a little safer to me. I liked the idea of networks. I figured the friend I asked to join would be a work friend. But when my network popped up one of the first people I saw is my oldest and best friend. I was surprised because she isn't someone who I would think would be on Facebook. We already email each other but this is kind of fun to have her zipping me short little emails. And then I asked my kids to befriend me. Marisa, the older daughter, has responded--has sent me several emails that make me laugh out loud--and she insisted I put up a picture. It's fun because even though she lives 10 minutes away from me---this gives us another opportunity to communicate.

Now if the other one would befriend me. . .I don't expect it because she is working hard to establish herself as a grown up and separate from her life from ours. She just doesn't want me to know how much she parties. . .

Here is my facebook connnection; http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1269996551.

No comments: