Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Social networking wallflower


I have really mixed feelings about this. I know just enough about My Space and Facebook to feel like the nerdy underdeveloped 7th grader who wasn't allowed to listen to rock n' roll. I know about My Space and Facebook because I have 2 twentysomething daughters for whom these sites are extremely popular--and as they say addictive. I also know that they don't me looking at their sites. But I have---because a friend's daughter lets me look at their sites through hers. And it feels like spying--and I have only done it a couple of times.

Enough about that---even after all reading I just did on social networking--I still feel a vague apprehension. It feels overwhelming. However like the first time I used the Internet over 10 years ago and couldn't see the value in it---I am sure my mind will be changed on this also.
And hey--I may have been the wallflower in 7th grade, but I did know all the Beatles names.

No comments: